Monday, February 15, 2010

Anti Stimuli

This is my attempt at doing away with Facebook, but still allowing those that are interested in keeping up with me to do so. No promises on how often I will keep it updated, but I will do my best. I've just found FB too intrusive, I meet a lot of people in my line of work...anyways, you get the point. My big deal right now is to keep the TV off as much as possible and use the internet for more of a learning tool, instead of wasting time tool, and also enjoy sharing with others the things I find, and hearing what you have to say about it. So as I'm typing this I'm trying to figure out how to use this deal, so bare with me. Some of the things I have planned include transferring some of the vinyl recordings I have to the blog for you to enjoy, links to lectures I enjoy watching, books I've been reading, updates from the road, etc...Going to get some baby furniture now...

7 comments:

  1. Yay, baby! I love it! Go Bub, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, I love it too!! I will read every word:) Go Bub, go!

    Also, I agree about Facebook. I'm sad that so many people are not doing their blogs b/c of FB--it's like an e-mail verses a hand written letter. So, fight the trend with me Bub and let's keep blogging alive:) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bub, I am so excited to "hear you think". I hope you write with reckless abandon and bear your soul to all. Your thoughts are incredible, intelligent, and often indelible. I hope to hear your thoughts on books, on politics, on the people you meet or know well, on bus life and road living, on music, and on becoming a father.
    On a connected yet different note, I hope your incorporate or make another blog to catalogue your culinary experiences around the country. The "where to's" and "where not to's". The unique regional flavor, or does that exist? Bub, you're a great thinker and I believe you will be a great author.
    Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! Why do I seem to love everyone and everything that has to do with this family?! hehe...I love what you wrote Joel, but I may love even more all the enthusiasm and support I just read in the comments here! I am so glad we get to hang out with yall in a couple weeks! love, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! speak your mind, it needs to be heard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I found you Brother! Looking forward to seeing this blog develop and to having a glimpse into the mind de Joel. Hope you are enjoying, or have enjoyed, the books I gave you. I'll try to keep more coming as I plow through them. Stay safe out there and I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete